My hair has been through so many changes through the years. I will be completely honest, even though I thought I was taking care of my hair I didn’t really start learning about my hair until recently. When I read Chantal’s post on “Natural Hair Must Haves” I realized I was missing everything! When I was younger I did what any girl did and that was whatever was hot or whatever style I saw some celebrity wearing. So that resulted in me cutting, dying, relaxing, DAMAGING my hair. Deep conditioning was not really something I even cared about.
So this “Self-Care Sunday” I’m pouring myself some champs and deep conditioning my hair with this deep conditioning cap by Hot Head I’ve seen online. When it comes to my hair I am really skeptical about using new things. I don’t want all of my hair to fall out! Besides the only other way I know to deep condition my hair is to sit under a hooded dryer and that is not happening.
So I went to the website and ordered it. I ordered it on Saturday and already had it by Thursday. I’m still trying different products in my hair to see what my hair likes but today this is what I am using:
DevaCurl No Poo Conditioning Cleanser
SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
Camille Rose Coconut Water Leave-In Treatment
Mizani Curl Enhancing Lotion
Goddess Curls Botanical Gelle
Hot Head by Thermal Hair Care (The cap comes with directions on how to use it and their company information for when you have any questions.)
1. Wash hair and remove excess water, hair remains damp not dripping.
2. Section hair and start applying hair masque. (I start at the ends and work my way up, but I’m not sure if it matters how you apply.) I have read some deep conditioning tips on the naturallycurly website though so this is why I started at the ends.
3. Use a wide tooth comb to comb conditioner through hair, then apply a plastic cap.
4. The directions for the hot head state “Place Hot Head on a clean glass or ceramic plate in a 1000-watt microwave with elastic facing up”
5. You do this 3 times for 30-45-second intervals, removing your Hot Head to flip inside out and replace in the microwave at each interval.
6. After you take it out you put it on over the plastic cap. The website/card says to wear it for 20-45 minutes. I did 30 minutes.
7. After those 30 minutes allow hair to cool 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water to seal the hair cuticle. Style as usual.
MY PERSONAL OPINION:
Any product that allows me to run after my 19 month old while using it is for me! I’ve always hated sitting under a hooded dryer. Now that I have a rambunctious toddler I can’t really spend any time under a dryer because he will be into something. So as far as ease of use goes I love it. I received my product faster than I thought, which is also a plus. Once I took the cap off my hair was soft and shiny. I would have left my hair just like that! So overall I am extremely happy with my purchase and I will be incorporating it into my deep conditioning self-care routine
What are your hair care routines? How often do you deep condition your hair? Do you have any favorite natural hair care sites to visit? Share them with me!
Until Next Time!